Bowmore Foraging & Food-Pairing with John Wright & Gill Meller
River Cottage's chief forager and head chef have created a series of delicious recipes perfectly matched to our Bowmore Single Malt.
We have partnered with leading expert forager John Wright and top chef Gill Meller, both from Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's River Cottage, to create a series of delicious seafood recipes using forageable ingredients to pair perfectly with Bowmore.
Having explored Islay, John and Gill have marvelled at some of the finest and most sought after seafood in Europe such as muscles, lobster, crab, scallops and magnificent oysters - perfect with our 12 Years Old.
From their findings, they have created mouth-watering recipes...
- Bowmore dry cured oak and peat smoked sirloin and crispy gut weed
- Chocolate and sea weed pannacotta with Bowmore butter shortbread
- Chocolate and Bowmore soaked prune fondant
- Pine fired mussels with spear leaf orache
- Sea lettuce, clam, potato and oyster rosti's
- Wood roasted lobster and scallops with wild sorrel sauce